(4 Posts)
colditz Sun 04-Nov-12 18:40:22

"Fairy Orchid Likes To Live On Her Own"

colditz Sun 04-Nov-12 18:39:35

"Fairy Buttercup Uses Her Muscles"
"Fairy Daffodil Doesn't Want To Be Touched"
"Fairy Heather, The Mountain Rescuer"

colditz Sun 04-Nov-12 18:35:32

We probably could, we are awesome after all.

We need a book about fairies. Fairies that aren't underdressed and whiny. Fairies that are awesome, that have magic, that can be both male and female, fairies that solve problems using their brains and their hands, and not their gentle feminine charm and a kiss, fairies that CAN say no, fairies that could, perhaps, say the words, those magical words "if you're going to be cruel and selfish, I'm going to go home and not help you."

DillyTante Sun 04-Nov-12 18:20:01

Ok, this may be a really stupid idea but following on from the Cbeebies thread I was thinking, can't we just create our own really ace female character as a role model for girls. Could we collectively write something? We must have writers (well we're all 'writers') illustrators, publishers....is this something we can do?

What sort of character do we want to be reading about to our young children? What adventures should she get up to?

Is this an unworkable idea? I just thought it would be cool to chuck ideas around. This could be our inspiration grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now