Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Can I take paracetamol with citalopram?

(11 Posts)
Dalrymps Sat 13-Sep-08 15:06:28

I'm on my 2nd day of taking 10mg of citalopram, I have a headache which I believe is a common side effect. Just wondering if anyone knows if I can take paracetamol with it?

dizzydixies Sat 13-Sep-08 15:08:25

yes, well I certainly have with no effect

am signing a disclaimer though!!

Dalrymps Sat 13-Sep-08 15:09:41

Ok thanks, popping to boots in a bit, maybe should ask the pharmasist? smile

chubbymummy Sat 13-Sep-08 15:10:55

yes but you can't take ibruprofen.
The headaches (and any other side effects)should go in about a week. Stick with it because you may feel worse before you feel better but it's worth it in the long run! x

dizzydixies Sat 13-Sep-08 15:11:04

wouldn't hurt, they're normally pretty helpful in there

hope your head better soon

HeinzSight Sat 13-Sep-08 15:11:09

Don't think there's a problem with taking paracetamol.

Does it mention anything in the box?

wotulookinat Sat 13-Sep-08 15:19:06

I do. And I take Ibruprofen. I don't think there's a problem with it.

Dalrymps Sat 13-Sep-08 15:20:18

In the leaflet it only mentions not to take asprin.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, feeling pretty lousy today with the headache and feeling a bit sick but gonna pop in town now to get some paracetamol so hopefully should feel better once I've had some.

wotulookinat Sat 13-Sep-08 15:21:26

Stick with it - I felt very dodgy for about three weeks and I didn't feel 'with-it' enough to drive, but the side-effects passed and the Citalopram worked its magic.

rosiege Mon 01-Oct-12 13:52:55

Dalrymps, I have just started taking 10g citalopram today and I do have a headache, but then I had one before so can't tell whether it's a side effect. I did feel a bit weird in the hairdressers and wondered whether they thought I was a bit not-all-there!

Just wondered how you are feeling now and whether you're suffering from side effects? Did you find paracetemol helped?

rosiege Mon 01-Oct-12 14:00:05

just realised you posted message in 2008! so you may not see this. hope you are much better now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now