Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Kalms _ are the any good? any known side affects?

(17 Posts)
ontheslipperyslopeagain Sun 15-Apr-07 10:52:26

title says it all really

From another thread I been feeling stressed/depressed but cant get to see my doctor for another week, in the meantine thought I would try kalms, I have tried st johns wort in the past but had some side effects (dizziness) just thought I would try Kalms, just wandering if anyone had any experience

goodnanny Sun 15-Apr-07 12:15:45

did take them for 3 months in the great hope they would chill me out... but nothing happenened! sorry!

lailasmum Fri 08-Jun-07 13:17:08

make my sister throw up.

FioFio Fri 08-Jun-07 13:17:40

Message deleted

Pinkchampagne Fri 08-Jun-07 13:33:08

I have used them, but found them pretty useless tbh. I had no side effects what so ever, but they didn't calm me at all!
I found Rescue Remedy much more effective!

i've used them and like them. i believe they have valerian in them, which is one of my favourite things to calm me down. although i prefer Dr. Stuart's Valerian Plus tea to tablets. (although if/when taking the tea or tablets, i dont have caffeine since that seems to counter the effects.)

(although i've found sometimes, having a hot bath at night with a good, mindless book can be just as nice!)

to add> i didnt have any side effects!

cheeryface Fri 08-Jun-07 13:47:51

a similar one is valerina and i found they relaxed me a bit where kalms had done nothing.

Speccy Fri 08-Jun-07 13:55:20

Never tried Kalms but I bought some Bach's Rescue Remedy yesterday which I've heard a lot of people recommend.

I'm very anti-medicines generally but I've got a lot stressing me out lately so thought I'd get some to see if it helps.

Quite looking forward to feeling stressed so I can try it!

Pinkchampagne Fri 08-Jun-07 14:03:22

I find Rescue Remedy really good - loads better than Kalms!

bouncy Fri 08-Jun-07 14:32:45

where can you get rescue remedy from?

Speccy Fri 08-Jun-07 14:34:15

Got mine in Tesco.

Speccy Fri 08-Jun-07 14:34:42

Will be everywhere - Boots will have it.

bouncy Fri 08-Jun-07 14:41:32

cool I will nip down the chemist later and see if the have them.

Pinkchampagne Fri 08-Jun-07 14:47:52

Got mine from the health food shop

bouncy Fri 08-Jun-07 17:07:05

great just picked it up, and takent he first dose, how long usually before it starts to work.

Pinkchampagne Fri 08-Jun-07 17:53:42

Doesn't take long to kick in

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now