Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

So exhausted by my mood swings

(8 Posts)
MyGastIsFlabbered Tue 29-Nov-16 20:53:39

I'm completely exhausted, my mood changes so rapidly, earlier I was in tears driving home, thinking I was in crisis and needing to go to the hospital, then 10 minutes later I was laughing with my kids as if I didn't have a care in the world. Every day is like this and I can't deal with it.

I'm on anti-Ds and have an appointment with a psychiatric nurse in 2 weeks. I'm going to be screened for a place on a STEPPS course for dealing with emotional intensity but have been told I won't get a diagnosis of EUPD because I haven't made multiple presentations to A&E. It's through sheer willpower that I haven't, I'm going through a hideous divorce right now and I'm terrified if my ex finds out about this he'll use it to take my kids from me.

But I'm exhausted, scared and feel so alone right now, I can't tell anyone in RL what I'm going through.

MyGastIsFlabbered Wed 30-Nov-16 09:14:21

Please, anybody?

Zoflorabore Wed 30-Nov-16 12:54:48

Hi didn't want to read and run and am actually in a weird situation in that I was just diagnosed with EUPD on Monday after one assessment and zero hospital admissions- doesn't sit right with me sad

How are you feeling now? X

MyGastIsFlabbered Wed 30-Nov-16 14:54:28

Still exhausted. I've taken yesterday and today off work but I can't keep doing that. I'm so scared I'm going to mess up the kids/lose them. I think I saw your thread about being assessed but didn't want to hijack it.

Zoflorabore Wed 30-Nov-16 18:43:49

Hijack away smile I've also got a chest infection after all, went to GP and am on antibiotics. So many changes this week to meds.
If you don't mind me asking- what area of the country are you? That's assuming you are in UK.
I find it crazy that I get referred, one appointment and then another with a diagnosis in under a month! And like I said I really don't seem to " tick the boxes "

It's a bloody postcode lottery op.
I'm in a really deprived borough in the north west and was expecting this to take ages. I just feel labelled now sad
Really hope you're feeling brighter, listen to your body and look after yourself X

MyGastIsFlabbered Wed 30-Nov-16 18:55:03

I'm in Brighton, which you would think would have good mental health services. I had a call earlier from the MH team, they've moved my appointment up to next Tuesday which is good. I'm just stressing about work, the kids, my ex etc...I have a cold coming too which sucks. I hope your chest infection clears up, they're rotten.

Do you mind me asking, do you have periods where you do feel 'normal' (apologies for using that word, I hate it) or do you always feel caught up in a maelstrom of emotions? Or maybe that's not the best way to describe it, but that's how I feel...but not all the time?

Zoflorabore Wed 30-Nov-16 19:32:57

Hi again gosh I would presume Brighton would have better MH services but hey ho that's proved you never can tell.
I'm just outside of Liverpool.

I actually said to the consultant on Monday " I don't know what " normal " feels like anymore "
So I totally get what you're saying. It's crap isn't it. How many dc do you have? I have 2. A boy aged 13 and a girl aged 5, my first worry was me thinking the kids are at risk due to this bloody label slapped on me!

I'm here if you want to talk, my sleeping patterns are let's say " erratic " and I love MN. It's the only place I can be " me " whatever that means grin

MyGastIsFlabbered Wed 30-Nov-16 20:31:10

Yeah, I don't know if I'm more scared of getting a label or not getting one. I can't cope with how I'm feeling and I've got to. My boys are 6 and 4 so it's really full on. I love them to bits but it's such a struggle every day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now