Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How do you manage anxiety/panic attacks?

(3 Posts)
flutterworc Mon 28-Nov-16 05:34:32

Just that, really. Mine stem from fear of vomiting and stomach bugs. DH has D&V through the night and I have been no use to him. I kicked him into the guest room (which has an en suite) and spent the entire night terrified. (I know I sound cruel, but he's aware of the phobia). I have lost count of the actual number of panic attacks I have had in the last 8 hours.

I take anti-anxiety medication that resolves my day-to-day worries, but am really struggling to cope tonight.

AnxiousCarer Mon 28-Nov-16 12:06:09

Hugs. My normal strategy is to focus on my breathing counting and keeping it steady.

dangermouseisace Tue 29-Nov-16 10:44:33

I used to have a massive vom fear. It's still there a little but it was a bit OTT.
That changed after about the 4th round of norovirus with me having 3 kids.
I think what helps is trying to focus on the moment/the next 10 minutes if you start worrying about what is going to happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now