Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Crazy waking dreams

(1 Post)
OrangePeels Fri 25-Nov-16 19:56:56

For years now I have suffered from bizarre dreams and sleep walking. I will dream something then sort of sleep walk around the room. For example, I might dream I have lost something then I wake up and wander around the room for a few minutes looking for it before realising it was a dream.

It can be quite disturbing.

A few nights ago I dreamt I was looking after a baby and upon waking I was searching everywhere for the baby. All over the house. It was possibly the longest it had gone on for. I can't really judge time in that state but I had searched 5 rooms. Every drawer and cupboard for the baby. There was no baby and no reason there should be as I have a 7 yo dd, no plans or desire to have another, no friends or family with babies etc. I was absolutely distraught that I couldn't find the baby until I finally realised it was just a dream.

Another being that someone put dead flies in my bed. I couldn't sleep until I had checked every bit of my bed. I was convinced they were there. I turned in all the lights to search the bed.

I get up after a night like that completely exhausted. It's like I haven't slept. Unlike random dreams I remember the whole thing so i must be awake.

Am I completely insane? It happens for a period of a few months every few years.

I have nothing on my mind that I know of.

I need sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now