Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Health anxiety breast

(3 Posts)
user1465987738 Tue 15-Nov-16 16:22:08

Hoping someone can help me calm down. I attended my gp last week due to a lump she referred me to the breast clinic for. She said she isn't worried about it so I shouldn't be (easy for her to say). I do suffer severe health anxiety and have been to the breast clinic twice in the past 2 years (the latest being Feb this year) but it was fir my right breast,this problem is my left breast. I was crying hysterically last week and she said she'd see if the breast clinic can see me sooner. I got an appointment through for 21st December! How can I live like this for weeks? I'm ill with worry, can't think about anything else and it's affecting time I'm spending with my husband and 2 year old. The gp gave me sertraline and been taking this for 8 days now and feel slight effects

MsMoonKat Tue 15-Nov-16 21:55:42

So sorry you are feeling so bad. I know how you feel as I've been in exactly the same position and have health anxiety too. Could you afford a private consultation? They can see you in days rather than waiting weeks and could put your mind at rest sooner. It cost about £150 for me to see someone privately.

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Tue 15-Nov-16 23:15:31

OP, you are not a number.... shades of the prisoner (if you are under 60 you may need to google that)...

My wife had a lump in her left side... I was bricking it.. she said she knew it was not a problem. It never felt bad... Most lumps are fatty cysts.. but as the doctor said... you should not leave them unchecked as they can... note can become bad news if left unchecked.. My SiL has lumpy boobs...

However I can only say that now looking back 20 years so I can sympathise. Please keep posting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now