Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline 200mg

(4 Posts)
Bookworm13 Tue 08-Nov-16 17:34:19

Can anyone give me their experiences of being on Sertraline 200mg dose please?
I have been on 150mg since March and was doing great up until about 3 weeks ago. I noticed that my anxiety kept rearing up and my DH said I definitely wasn't myself. I went back to see my GP today and she advised me to increase my dose to 200mg and gave me the prescription.
I asked my GP about side effects (she's lovely) but she said as I've been on it for a while, I should only feel tired.
I'm 47, definitely menopausal and would appreciate any advice. How long does it roughly take for an increased dose to kick in and did you have any side effects? I am really suffering with anxiety.
Thanks!

dangermouseisace Wed 09-Nov-16 19:44:45

I was on 200mg for a while. It was increased from 100mg. I didn't notice any side effects at all, and it didn't take long to kick in- a couple of weeks.

Bookworm13 Wed 09-Nov-16 22:04:19

Thank you dangermouse - that's good to know! Hope you are doing well.

Themanfrommancc Wed 16-Nov-16 13:25:36

I'm sure you realise this already but medication isnt a long term solution. Meds are just there to buy time ,to create a moment of pause, whilst you try to develop strategies to deal with the issues.

Anxiety is all part of our fight or flight response. You have to learn to recognise the situations which are triggering that response.

A lot of it is to do with disruptive thinking..

I recommend a good book, Brilliant CBT by Dr Stephen briars

Often the fears that trigger our anxiety response are not real. They are just constructs within our minds that haunt us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now