Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

What a lovely hour of the day

(8 Posts)
aintnoregular Mon 31-Oct-16 00:06:59

I hate this time. I really hate this time.

'I don't have much to say' is how I really want to start this. But really I have a lot to say... just how to say it?

Long story short, my mental health is pretty complex and I find night time really quite difficult and lonely. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling like this.. am i?

Grab your cyber glasses of wine and lets off load.

AnxiousCarer Mon 31-Oct-16 00:09:40

Hi, theres a group of us who have similar issues over a wrists bitches, come and join us, we can keep each other company.

CrazyGreyhoundLady Mon 31-Oct-16 00:10:52

I hate nights ( a few mh issues myself) the second the sun starts going down I can always feel my heart sinking

aintnoregular Mon 31-Oct-16 00:18:00

CrazyGreyHoundLady I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone however can completely sympathise with you on that one! Have you got any effective coping methods? Tonight I am trying to double bluff my hatred of night time...grin

CrazyGreyhoundLady Mon 31-Oct-16 00:54:32

I walk my hounds after dark, leaves me a little something to look forward to after sundown. Otherwise, every light in the house on, tv/radio and computer, plus maybe a book aswell? Basically just pretend its not night? Not sure its a healthy coping mechanism but it helps, especially at the minute with a baby who will only let me sleep in the day.
How about you?

aintnoregular Mon 31-Oct-16 01:09:38

Ah okay and also I guess the routine of walking the dogs is a bit of a distraction from it being night time! Your sleeping in the day will definitely be effecting how you wind down at night massively!

If I cannot sleep I trick my mind into thinking I don't want to sleep, and instead of trying really hard and becoming really restless I get up and take part in something quite boring. Eventually I become so tired that sleep is the only option. Saying all of that, it isn't a long term solution but is definitely a really effective way on those one off nights where I cannot sleep!

CrazyGreyhoundLady Mon 31-Oct-16 01:15:04

I've always struggled at night, just noticed it more since dd was born, she will only sleep in the day so I just have to try to sleep when she will.

I've done that myself, usually end up bleaching the kitchen or bathroom because it's so tedious.

BecauseIamaBear Mon 31-Oct-16 06:52:57

I hate it when the clocks go back...
We are plunged into darkness half way through the afternoon...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now