Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Is it OK for it to be my turn?

(8 Posts)
BecauseIamaBear Sun 30-Oct-16 22:32:11

I joined MN because I have been through a mental breakdown and somehow come out the other end.. I have to thank my beautiful wife for all her support. And I know I am not a bad person... just a depressive and ocassionally mainc one.. I try to help others who are having a bad patch because I remember what it felt like.

Long story short... these last few months have been getting us down for a variety of reasons and today we admitted to each other we are both on the edge of a full on depressive episode. So at the moment I feel very dead inside.. Just saying..

A man ain't supposed to cry,,,, but right now I feel on the edge of tears..

BecauseIamaBear Sun 30-Oct-16 22:32:56

PS,,, trying to go to sleep now, see you in the morning..

AnxiousCarer Sun 30-Oct-16 23:01:51

Dear Bear,

flowers of course you can have a cry if you need to. As I tell DH as far as I'm concerned it takes a real man to cry. The most important step is realising that you and your DW are struggling. Now that you have aknowledged that, you can both reach out for help and support. It's so scary when you feel yourself going down again isn't it. The earlier you recognise it the best chance you've got of not sinking so low this time.

You know what you need to do, get yourselves a GP appointment and any other support you can and keep talking to us.

AnxiousCarer Mon 31-Oct-16 08:56:26

How are you this morning bear ?

BecauseIamaBear Mon 31-Oct-16 09:11:26

Anxious, (and everyone else)

thank you for asking.. Today I feel much better.. but that may be down to taking my meds once again.. I have been clean for many many months as they tend to make me feel flat.. I think it is actually better to take them than to feel bloody awful..

AnxiousCarer Mon 31-Oct-16 09:15:44

Sounds sensible bear glad you are feeling better today. I think its finding the ballance the symptoms and the side effects with meds. Have you got anything planned today.

BecauseIamaBear Mon 31-Oct-16 10:57:56

We are working on our startup...

AnxiousCarer Mon 31-Oct-16 18:44:07

Hope you've had a sucessful day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now