Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I think I'm suffering with depression

(12 Posts)
hellinabreadbasket Thu 27-Oct-16 23:53:16

Hi all,
I think I'm suffering kerb depression but am unsure. Have ended up taking this week off of work-said I had flu but dont. Have literally not left my bedroom since Sunday- have ignored any messages from friends etc. I feel like I'm just being lazy-but have literally U til today gone without food rather than go out to shop. Am not sure what to do. I've genuinely never felt like this before

hellinabreadbasket Thu 27-Oct-16 23:53:40

Sorry for typos

Wolfiefan Thu 27-Oct-16 23:55:55

Can you get a GP appointment? They can help.

hellinabreadbasket Thu 27-Oct-16 23:58:33

Sounds odd but have just moved and just can't help but think that the bother of registering and then going back is just too much. I'm sorry know I sound like someone who isn't helping themselves-

DramaAlpaca Thu 27-Oct-16 23:58:51

Sorry you are feeling this way. Depression is shit. Definitely get yourself to your GP, there's lots they can do to help.

AnxiousCarer Thu 27-Oct-16 23:59:38

Agree with Wolfie, get a GP appointment, depression is horrible, but they can help. Just explain what you have put in your post to the GP.

hellinabreadbasket Thu 27-Oct-16 23:59:56

I just feel like I'm sad and lazy- does that make sense? Have genuinely never felt like this before

AnxiousCarer Fri 28-Oct-16 00:01:20

Tell them you need an urgent appointment when you register (sounds like you do) they should be able to see you as a visitor until you are registered, DH has done that before whenvwe moved.

ParaPrincess Fri 28-Oct-16 00:03:14

It could be depression, you could be having a burn out. I'd make time to go to the GP. If your feelings are worrying you or you feel different in a bad way then I'd go to the docs even if its just for a chat.

hellinabreadbasket Fri 28-Oct-16 00:03:58

Thank you- it's odd but the thought of registering and then going back just sounds like too much. I can't take much time off work and have taken a week/

hellinabreadbasket Fri 28-Oct-16 00:06:45

Thanks para- I've had a very bad few months on a personal level and thought I was dealing with it- but now it's hit me for six

AnxiousCarer Fri 28-Oct-16 00:21:00

If you see the GP they may give you a sick note if you need longer off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now