Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Never been happy

(6 Posts)
Lazymumof2 Mon 10-Oct-16 03:58:46

From the outside my life looks okay. I work from home, good loving husband, two beautiful kids and a supportive family.

But I'm not happy. I can't think of a time in my life when I've been happy. I feel like I'm 35 and time has now run out for that 'happiest time' to look back on.

But I don't have (don't want?) the energy to make any positive changes myself.

I know this makes me beyond selfish, given that my negativity in life is affecting people.

Is anyone there to chat?

BillSykesDog Mon 10-Oct-16 04:09:44

Have you discussed how you're feeling with your GP?

Lazymumof2 Mon 10-Oct-16 04:52:47

I have had/have depression and anxiety. It's a constant thread that's run through my life.

I've seen psychiatrists at my worst during bouts of postnatal depression. Had to quit my job through an anxiety disorder.

I've had various bouts of counselling - talking and CBT.

I've tried antidepressants but honestly they're not for me.

Pinatubo07 Sun 16-Oct-16 17:47:12

Sorry OP just seeing this

I feel your pain. I have never been happy either. I sometimes experience short moments of happiness
Then back to the dark cloud

sad

At the moment pregnant and unhappy and worried in my marriage, even though I really wanted to get pregnant.

I guess life is like this, just have to get through life without experiencing happiness, maybe we expected too much

Mishaps Sun 16-Oct-16 17:50:25

Life is not like this for those who do not have depression, which is treatable. Don't settle for second best - get some help and start to live. I speak as one who knows.

Pinatubo07 Sun 16-Oct-16 18:15:56

Unfortunately I have suffered from depression for 20 years and yes sure I get help and it gets better (not happy) for a while, as in at least I dont want to die but it takes such an effort to get there and then it fades away again.
It is very hard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now