Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Feeling so low again

(4 Posts)
seaurchin2016 Fri 23-Sep-16 23:55:25

I'm finding it difficult to cope. I've been having counselling off and on for 27 years. As I posted on another thread - I was dismissed from work at 57 yrs old due to ill health. In fact I was badly bullied but unions, boss etc did nothing. So, I took early retirement as I knew I wouldn't get another job. I've realised that my husband is next to useless in supporting me and my daughter will be leaving the nest in the next two years. My husband comes home, asks what's for tea, eats it and then falls asleep. Weekends he doesn't bother with me. We rarely sleep together.
Extended family don't bother with me. I've tried to contact them and visit but they don't do the same. I have no friends now. Neighbours are horrible here.
I'm on 12 medications a day which is also getting me down. I've been to the doctors with how I'm feeling only to be told I have kidney disease as well as all the other ailments. When I try to discuss it with my husband he quickly goes onto his own worries.I've tried to contact the Samaritans but I don't find them useful. Last night I went ballistic at my husband and daughter. Today I haven't spoken to them and they have just left me alone.
I feel so alone and the future seems dreadful.
What's wrong with me?

ProfessorPreciseaBug Sat 24-Sep-16 05:39:51

You have just described what is wrong.

I wish I had a magic wand for you. But I haven't.

Babyface4444 Sat 24-Sep-16 06:28:22

I have no real advice either, but depression is awful so i sympathise

rumred Sat 24-Sep-16 09:56:58

you sound chronically depressed, plus lots of negatives in your life deepening this. perhaps speak to your Gp about changing the meds youre on to give you a boost. at that point you can look at sorting your marriage and living situation?

in the meantime get out, go to somewhere beautiful, do something you enjoy, whatever that is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now