Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Seraltine

(7 Posts)
RollingWithIt Tue 20-Sep-16 00:24:08

I've been diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety, gp prescribed seratine. Tonight is the first dose, I feel like I'm floating. Really relaxed, no nausea so far. I'm
Not sleepy either. 2 DC to get up and out for school in the morning. Anyone have experience of this? I've been on 2 other ads before. I didn't react well to them

LuckyBitches Tue 20-Sep-16 09:58:29

I take Sertraline - the first couple of days were as you describe, pleasantly floaty. They take about a month to work properly in my experience. There are all sorts of potential side effects which get better in time. Talk to us if you're worried about them. For me it was well worth sticking with.

RollingWithIt Tue 20-Sep-16 15:07:53

Yes sorry, spelling in the op, I'll blame that on being half asleep. Well, I woke up at 3.45 feeling a bit nauseous and couldn't and havnt been back to sleep since. I'm wiped out now. Nausea lasted until about lunch time and was quite intense at some points. Just mainly feeling floaty and tired just now. Did you suffer from nausea? If so was there anything you did to ease it?

WomanFromAnotherPlace Fri 23-Sep-16 13:26:02

Yes, am currently on sertraline after citalopram didn't work for me (though as far as I'm aware, they're both SSRIs).
First 2-3 weeks was quite nauseous, and list my appetite but just combatted by sipping water and sweet tea.
After taking for a few more days you may not have the floaty feelungs - though to be honest, I quite like that feeling after months of illness-inducing depression.
It's really difficult for me to say what you will feel, as everyone is different, but do make sure you eat and drink.
Deep breaths help as well.
All the best for your recovery flowers

WomanFromAnotherPlace Fri 23-Sep-16 13:28:23

Sorry about spelling:
*LOST appetite
*floaty FEELINGS

LuckyBitches Fri 23-Sep-16 13:34:47

No nausea for me - my friend gets that though. She recommends ginger biscuits. my main problem was disturbed sleep, and a strange trickling sensation in my ear.

IAmAPaleontologist Fri 23-Sep-16 13:38:38

Oh yes, the first week ish on sertraline and then every dose increase I get all sort of floaty and disconnected and come over a bit like I'm on a happy high. Then I crash. Then I settle.

I got nausea and lack of appetite for a few months plus fatigue. I still need more sleep than is probably normal but most stuff has settled. Been on it a canny while now though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now