Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I am so so sick of struggling with low self esteem and anxiety

(4 Posts)
musttheshowgoon Mon 12-Sep-16 13:13:49

I feel constantly not good enough all the time. I have had a lot of therapy. A friend committed suicide last month and my feelings and fears are now off the scale.

I KNOW it's going to be a long journey for me to feel good in myself again (I was in an abusive relationship for a very long time) but today I just want to take a magic pill so that I can get on with my job without feeling like a failure.

There is such a disconnect between how I feel and how everyone else views me that I can't talk to anyone but my very closest friends.

Anyone got any happy recover stories?

Purplebluebird Wed 14-Sep-16 13:01:09

Following!

HunterofStars Wed 14-Sep-16 16:45:43

I felt like this since I was a teenager and I was bullied so badly that I had a nervous breakdown. I've struggled with low self worth but it came to a head last year when my ea xp cheated on me for the final time. I'm having therapy and have been for nearly 10 months and this has been very helpful. I'm on tablets for anxiety atm but after 20 years I'm beginning to come to terms that I wasn't to blame. flowers stay strong op x

Allofaflumble Sat 17-Sep-16 18:59:27

I'm almost scared to post this as I would hate to depress you further. I am 61 and have felt like this my entire life. Of course I have periods of wellness but suicidal thoughts are never far away.

I found out last year I have Asperger Syndrome and while it explains a lot, it doesn't help or change this seemingly dysfunctional brain I feel cursed with.

It's so tough to keep going isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now