Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Low mood/depressive illness

(2 Posts)
LollipopViolet Thu 01-Sep-16 22:33:31

I was diagnosed with this last year - although at the time GP said it was nothing more than normal changes in mood. Then my employer requested a medical report on me and I found it written there.

Anyway, that's in the past and my mood has been quite good all year. Now work has been getting stressful (long, possibly outing story but basically they want me to leave) and I can feel it again.

It's like a big heavy cloud over me, I know the onset of autumn and winter have always impacted my mood, so that doesn't help. I'm overeating, and really struggling to face the prospect of another shift tomorrow (retail, only 4 hours tkmorrow ).

I'm starting vitamin D supplements tomorrow to try and help, but I'm so sad I'm back here - I thought I had my MH sorted.

Weirdly, now that I know there's a name for it, it feels easier. I've spoken to a couple of friends which has also helped.

Sorry, just needed a ramble.

ProfessorPreciseaBug Fri 02-Sep-16 05:54:49

I am not sure if recognising the symptoms of a spell of depression makes it worse ir les bad..

But you are indeed well away rambling on.. I hope the day turns out less bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now