Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Panic attacks !!

(7 Posts)
whatisforteamum Thu 01-Sep-16 15:34:02

in my 20s i suffered with them so much i lost weight and became housebound.Recovery took a good yr.
Fast forward to now almost 50 and ive been having funny turns...dizzy etc so had an ecg which was ok.I see the gp friday however today and wednesday i felt like my legs were jelly and could barely move.I was out shopping and the thought of walking the street filled me with fear.(i normally walk everywhere and love it)
I do have a fairly stressful life working split shifts and my workplace is being taken over next week which is causing tension.My dh has anger outburst too which i take the brunt of and our dd is leaving home.
Any advice welcome.I normally love my busy lifestyle however i have no time to make friends so only have aquaintances

RunRabbitRunRabbit Thu 01-Sep-16 15:41:13

You will be living alone with angry outburst man soon.

That's a reason to panic.

Did you stay with him "for the sake of the children"? Now DD is leaving you can't use her as an excuse for putting up with his abuse and you have to make a choice about what you will tolerate. That's a reason to panic.

RunRabbitRunRabbit Thu 01-Sep-16 15:43:23

Perhaps try speaking to Women's Aid about how to get away from angry man. They will have spoken to plenty of women who have panic attacks.

Heathen4Hire Thu 01-Sep-16 15:52:43

Could your husband have a mental health issue too? (From someone married to a man with anxiety, depression, and an inability to cope with stress) Get him to the GP too, or contact MIND.

whatisforteamum Thu 01-Sep-16 16:01:24

Dh has had a major heart attack 3 yrs ago and was given anti depressants when he admitted his bad temper.Last night i came home 1130 after getting up 7 am for work,All i did was mention all the washing up on the side and he flew into a temper pushing past me and dd.I usually write a list of chores so everyone helps out .He was home 7pm so plenty of time to wash a few trays.I also have 2 parents with terminal illness (i have been coping well as they ve been okish recently).

whatisforteamum Thu 01-Sep-16 16:03:05

I have been having arm pains too hence ECG

whatisforteamum Thu 01-Sep-16 17:07:05

Heathen4hire what symptoms does your dh have if you dont mind me asking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now