Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I don't know what to do

(4 Posts)
maybethedayafter Wed 31-Aug-16 13:09:52

I've name changed because I'm so ashamed. I'm considering leaving my family, I'm considering leaving my marriage and taking my children, I'm considering ending it all. I'm so unhappy. I don't even have the energy to list the reasons why. I just want the sadness to end.

dangermouseisace Wed 31-Aug-16 14:27:15

There's nothing to be ashamed of.

Are those 3 different options, or a route to the end?

Have you talked to someone else about all the things that you are considering? It's always good to have another person's take on things.

You say you want the sadness to end, and two of those options are getting away from the home environment, so I'm going to have to read between the lines and guess that is what is leading to a lot of your sadness.

With many difficult decisions in life it's often best to take the option that still leaves other avenues open to you. Ending it all cuts off all future options, and is not reversible, the other two at least can be positive in that you can build a new life. If you are in a marriage/own a house I'd seek legal advice flowers

maybethedayafter Wed 31-Aug-16 15:20:31

My husband and I are arguing constantly. We can't have a conversation without it turning into an argument.

I've just told him I think we should separate. We need some space from each other. We can't communicate properly at the moment. I just want to ensure that it has as little impact on our children as possible.

maybethedayafter Wed 31-Aug-16 16:41:58

How can we do this amicably? I don't want to take his children away from him but I can't bear the thought of being away from them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now