Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety on holiday

(3 Posts)
Arcadia Tue 16-Aug-16 17:50:11

Does anyone else get this? Am just away with DD for a few nights in a seaside town. After the first couple of evenings away anxiety seems to set in. Not anxious about anything happening, just the physical lurching in my stomach and feeling a bit unreal. Going home tomorrow so no reason at all to be anxious. what is wrong with me?!

fairydustandpixies Wed 17-Aug-16 10:02:19

Hi Arcadia, I'm so sorry you feel this way and also empathise. Whenever I've taken my two DS on holiday (I'm a single parent), I regularly have anxiety and panic attacks. I keep a tin of Rescue Remedy pastilles in my car and when I get really stressed and my heart is racing, I eat those. Probably all in my mind, but they do calm me down! Please try and enjoy your holiday, such precious times and memories made.

Arcadia Wed 17-Aug-16 17:42:58

Thanks fairydust the feelings went away a bit once I was out. I find being busy is better than trying to 'chill', am not very good at relaxing! I am not a single parent but have renewed respect for them having done this trip on my own, doing all the driving, all the planning etc. And not having even a minute to yourself! However in some ways easier without another adult to deal with!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now