Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

PIP assessment today. Any words of wisdom?

(9 Posts)
LewisAndClark Tue 09-Aug-16 09:59:33

I am bricking it. I'm fairly stable at the moment so need to talk about how I am in my bad times (which are frequent). Dh is coming with me.

If you've have yours, how gruelling was it? I'm getting myself really worked up.

mrgrouper Tue 09-Aug-16 11:02:42

No eye contact whatsoever with assessor and start crying/hyperventilating.

LewisAndClark Tue 09-Aug-16 11:10:06

That's quite likely to happen anyway tbh...

BeyondLovesSweetDee Tue 09-Aug-16 11:13:17

I cried my eyes out (snot and everything) at my first one and got it, I didn't cry at my renewal and still got it.

My one tip is: Never answer anything "yes, if..." answer "no, but..."

Good luck!

mrgrouper Tue 09-Aug-16 11:28:56

Beyond is right. If they ask can you go out, do not say "yes, but I need to be accompanied" or "yes, but only familiar places" as then they will simply tick yes. Always say no.

Akire Tue 09-Aug-16 11:31:15

No words of wisdom just to say good luck all of us know dread these assessments bring.

heknowsmysinsheseesmysoul Tue 09-Aug-16 13:22:26

Best of luck but be careful to be accurate if you have professionals involved who they may contact.

LewisAndClark Tue 09-Aug-16 13:31:41

All done. She was very sympathetic. Dh answered a lot of the questions. I have a LOT of input from services which I think will help, I sent a thick envelope of notes off with the application. Just got to wait six weeks or so now. What will be will be.

heknowsmysinsheseesmysoul Tue 09-Aug-16 13:38:13

Glad it went well. The notes will help. My previous post was relating more to people who are so worried they won't get it that they've exaggerated (or in some cases lied completely) and then when PIP wrote to me as a professional, I couldn't agree with what they'd said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now