Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Should I tell my bosses?

(2 Posts)
fairydustandpixies Wed 03-Aug-16 19:07:12

Almost finished a long thread but it's vanished. Has anyone told their employers about their depression and anxiety? I was signed off work a month ago but still go in as I don't get sick pay. They have no idea (?) but I think they should know? It's a small company with just five of us and the director's have no experience of mental health illnesses. I'd rear appreciate any advice x

Bellyrub1980 Wed 03-Aug-16 19:13:46

I was very very reluctant to tell mine as I was too embarrassed.

In the end I had 2 weeks off and when I phoned in I was basically incoherent with sobbing so it was obvious something was up. I ended up telling my boss and she was lovely. I'm back now and everyone at work knows (team of about 12 people) and it turns out a few people are also on meds. We now talk about it quite openly which has been great in helping me to recover in general.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now