Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sleep

(4 Posts)
PinkPearls20 Mon 01-Aug-16 12:28:15

I suffer from anxiety. Mainly health anxiety in sometimes the extreamest of forms when I think something is wrong with me.

When I think something is wrong with me (for example I find a lump, I may bleed in between periods- all diagnosed as hormonal btw) all I want to do is go to bed and sleep. When I don't have any symptoms of a illness tho I spend my day going to the toilet and checking if Im bleeding. This can be even when I'm on a day out/out shopping. I can't go an hour with out checking.

However when I'm 'ok'...no worried about anything, as soon as I have a chance to sleep I will. If my DS is having a nap... so will I. If my eldest DD is watching a movie I crave sleep and will doze off.

I'm not tired tho! I sleep like a baby all night and my OH helps with DS in the night as I like to sleep. The reason I like to sleep is tho I am not sure because like I said, I'm not tired. I just crave the switching of feeling.

My house is immaculately clean and tidy - some people say I could have OCD - and I run my days like clockwork. It's just I crave sleeping. I'm not lazy, overweight (far from it)...It seems like I crave switching off.

I don't want to be like this. I want to enjoy watching a programme when my DS is having a nap, or enjoy that time going into the back Garden...not diving on my Sofa and curling up and kipping! I don't know why I do this.

Iv just woken up btw from a nap as my DS has his. I did plan to sit in the back and read a book but the temptation to sleep was too hard sad

PinkPearls20 Mon 01-Aug-16 12:41:34

Bump

dangermouseisace Tue 02-Aug-16 23:28:00

It sounds like you're quite busy with anxiety and kids. No wonder you feel the need to switch off. I like going to sleep too. Or just lying in my bed awake- I literally could lie there all day. I don't think there is anything particularly wrong with napping if you're sleeping fine at night and are not tired. Do you feel better or worse after a nap?

PinkPearls20 Wed 03-Aug-16 08:33:17

I feel better after a sleep.... just guilty and like a baby tbh!

I can go into a really deep sleep with only a 20 minute sleep and dream in this time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now