Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Magnesium for health anxiety

(5 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Fri 29-Jul-16 10:00:36

I've had health anxiety for quite some time I've heard that magnesium helps with anxiety a lot. Can anyone recommend a particular brand?
I've had a hard time of it health wise recently, having had dd2 by c-section 6 weeks ago and subsequently getting a urine infection that was highly resistant to antibiotics. All this has left me feeling like a train wreck health wise and I've been having increased anxiety and panic attacks. Seeing gp today so will see what she recommends but would like to avoid prescription drugs as I'm breastfeeding. Hence the magnesium question! I have ordered some vitamin D oral spray but no idea what type of magnesium is best.
Would be good to hear any coping strategies as well. Thanks in advance.

MyPeriodFeatures Fri 29-Jul-16 18:02:01

Hi, I have terrible anxiety at times. You have just reminded me i ought to take my magnesium too. Mine is called power health and i got it in the health food shop. I think any magnesium sulphate is fine if its human grade from a pharmacy etc.

OhWhatAPalaver Sat 30-Jul-16 07:38:06

Thanks, I've read about all sorts of different types so I'll just grab whatever they have at the chemist smile

Snog Sat 06-Aug-16 08:31:26

You can get magnesium bath salts to up your magnesium quickly and easily and also a skin spray OP

Jemimapuddleduk Sat 06-Aug-16 08:34:31

The spray is much more effective than the tablets which did nothing for me. You can get it on amazon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now