Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Please help

(9 Posts)
Aveiam Wed 20-Jul-16 21:53:04

I feel so, weird. Like I'm not in my own body or something, like I've forgotten how to interact with the world around me
I have major depressive disorder and an anxiety disorder but I've never felt like this and it's making me panic. I feel totally out of it can and one help me

Aveiam Wed 20-Jul-16 22:02:10

Please

startingtolooklikemother Wed 20-Jul-16 22:05:33

Hello OP, I just wanted to say hi. I've been having a tough old week as well with the black dog.
Not like yours but I can't keep my mind focuses for more than 2 seconds plus everything feels a bit bleak
I just remind myself that it's an illness, it's ok, it will pass and when I need to I reach out for help

dangermouseisace Wed 20-Jul-16 22:16:13

I've had that before- I used to feel like I was leaving/had left my body.

It is not pleasant, but as startingtolooklikemother says it will pass so don't panic (hard I know)

Aveiam Wed 20-Jul-16 22:16:18

I don't understand what's going on

mimishimmi Thu 21-Jul-16 02:29:43

I've been having it too...

dangermouseisace Thu 21-Jul-16 12:45:16

part of depression I think. If it's making you panic have you got someone you can speak to?

poaspcos Thu 21-Jul-16 12:55:38

I think is called dissociation? It's part of many mental health illnesses

dangermouseisace Thu 21-Jul-16 20:35:40

yes thanks poaspcos I didn't know if it was called that or something similar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now