Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

depression...ongoing.....would like to chat

(7 Posts)
randomer Sat 16-Jul-16 20:07:10

Hi folks,the title says it all really

KeemaNaanAndCurryOn Sat 16-Jul-16 20:41:07

Sorry to hear you're depressed. I'm in a low level funk at the moment which is a bit pants, but still functioning reasonably well. How are you doing?

randomer Sat 16-Jul-16 20:49:29

I am ok...it just feels like it has been going on forever. Is there any place you can just swap ideas etc? I tried a couple of sites but they were not safe at all

KeemaNaanAndCurryOn Sat 16-Jul-16 21:05:17

I avoid specific MH forums as it can make things worse for me, strangely, but it's not too bad on here.

Depression does feel endless when you're stuck in it. I always have to remind myself that it will get better eventually, even if it never feels like it at the time.

becciandbump Sat 16-Jul-16 21:24:44

Ive had depression my entire adult life on and off it happens about every. 3 years. Have you tried psychology? I waited ages for it but it was brilliant. Id avoid internet mental heath forums they are full of people who post their conditions and a long list of meds after their name for some reason ! Stick on here where u can get sensible advice. Try and go for a half hour walk each day and get into cooking. I find preparing a rely nice meal helps as its like you are taking care of your body. Also if you google mindfulness there are loads of websites and apps with different exercises, it's about learning to live in the present not the past or future. Keeping a diary and writing down 3 good things that have happened in a day that were positive helped me by the end of the week when u read your list U will realise the week hasn't been that bad. If it gets bad there should be a mental health crisis line in your area they were amazing with me if I felt panicky in the middle of the night they are really good at saying the right things x hope u feel better soon if you are on meds go back to your gp maybe upping the side or trying a different one would help x

Wolfiefan Sat 16-Jul-16 21:27:31

<waves to keema!>
I'm struggling with my mood and eating patterns at the moment. Trying to focus on the good and finding a bit of happy every day. Sounds twee. Helps me though!

KeemaNaanAndCurryOn Sat 16-Jul-16 22:07:14

Hello wolfie 😊
Yes, focusing on the good stuff helps. I've also got involved with a local charity that supports people with mental health and other issues and that's helped. I also like to plan what I'm doing in a day, even if it's no more than drawing something or walking to the shops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now