Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Is there a free immediate online counselling service for adults?

(4 Posts)
hotcurrypowder Thu 07-Jul-16 07:22:12

I am probably asking the world here, but I really need to talk to someone who can give me some advice, and that is free and hopefully fast.

I have tried emailing the Samaritans and they were lovely but I didn't realise they are not allowed to give advice but only ask me about my feelings. I know what my feelings are and why I have them but I need some practical tips as to how to deal with my situation.

It's not anything serious in that I am going to do any harm, nothing like that at all. Basically, I have too much going on, too many things causing me pressure, and I have been so worried by it all that it has paralysed me. And the unfortunate irony there is that every day I procrastinate, is a day less that I have to do what needs to be done. I'm not sleeping very well. I am anxious and scared and nervous.

hotcurrypowder Thu 07-Jul-16 07:22:52

Oh, I forgot my question! Is there an online chat service or anything like that, maybe from a charity or something, that can give advice?

Thank you flowers

hotcurrypowder Thu 07-Jul-16 07:24:27

Oh, and there is absolutely no way I can speak to any family or friends. Especially not DP. He thinks I am holding it all together and would be furious to know I have actually done nothing in the past two weeks that resembles any work or tackling of these huge tasks ahead of me.

BursarsFrogs Thu 07-Jul-16 08:25:19

You could check out www.7cups.com/ - there's an option to chat with volunteers for free, and some other resources.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now