Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

feel really low

(7 Posts)
thingamijig1 Thu 30-Jun-16 12:49:06

I've suffered with depression in the past so am aware of the warning signs.
Last week I had a job interview for the perfect job. It fitted well into my families lives (I'm a sahm and have been for 5 years) as well as furthered my career in a path I want to get into when I go back full time not to even mention the money and what that would do for the family. I narrowly missed out on the job (they even asked to keep my details on file incase the job came up again).
I feel shit. I found out on Monday and cried for hours and since then I just can't seem to lift my mood. Watching the telly is depressing me as its all doom and gloom and I'm worried about my own future and now with the whole EU debacle I'm worried for my children's future. I just don't see a way to lift my mood.
What can I do to feel better about life? I really don't want to spiral into depression but I feel so low sad
Thanks if you have read this far

ApocalypseSlough Thu 30-Jun-16 12:55:27

flowers
Be kind to yourself. And it's not unrealistic to hope the job you narrowly missed turns into something. That's incredibly good feedback- you obviously did very well at the interview and even getting an interview was an achievement.
Can you make 2 lists? One of things to feel proud about?
•applying
•getting selected
•The interview

And another list of things you can do to ward off depression
•diet
•sleep
•exercise
•GP appointment

AnxietySertraline Thu 30-Jun-16 16:24:36

flowers

thingamijig1 Thu 30-Jun-16 17:34:15

Thanks apocalypse. I think it's worse as I know what I should be doing to lift my mood but all I want to do is stay in bed sad
My mood is starting to affect the kids behaviour too and I know it's my fault really need to give myself a shake I just feel so disappointed

AnxietySertraline Thu 30-Jun-16 17:52:34

What should you be doing?

8FencingWire Thu 30-Jun-16 18:06:51

Go see the GP, book some talking therapy, go for a walk/run, keep warm, be kind to yourselfflowers

thingamijig1 Thu 30-Jun-16 18:33:18

Exercise, not allow my self to wallow. I think I'm bad for going over and over things in my head and at the moment nothing is distracting me. Usually playing with the kids helps but not at the moment it's all so much effort an dare I say it a little boring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now