Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

DH has depression but won't seek help - any advice please?

(1 Post)
rubyblue Tue 28-Jun-16 10:10:56

I don't know what to do. He won't speak about it, walked out the house last night and then asked if I wanted him to leave 'until he feels better' which I'm so shocked and upset about. We have (I think) a good marriage, never had any real issues apart from what he calls his 'down periods' which are usually triggered by work stress. I would say it's depression but he's never been diagnosed. Mood swings, loss of appetite, doesn't sleep, doesn't connect with me or the dc, won't make eye contact. He refuses to go to GP or a therapist. I've read MIND website this morning but if anyone has advice or books to recommend, I'd appreciate it. Bizarrely I am now the one sitting here in tears and worried sick about him, us, our kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now