Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Undiagnosed postnatal depression

(2 Posts)
Mammyof3jane Tue 21-Jun-16 00:46:08

I'm a first timer on here but feel I need to hear other people's experiences my son 3rd child was born early 2014 and after 2 previous easy births his was very painful I originally felt fine although my best friend said she thought I wasn't myself I now realise after 2 and a bit years I really wasn't fine and feel I'm only coming to terms with my feelings now. I've never moaned or complained about basically anything before and I feel ungrateful even writing this now as I feel blessed to have 3 healthy children but wanted to hear other people's experiences on undiagnosed pnd as I realise now this is what I have had x

amarmai Tue 21-Jun-16 03:49:50

I remember going thru the motions of sterilizing bottles etc and making sure my 2nd son was fed, but I felt nothing. I was like a zombie and when I came out of it years later I was not the same person.This was decades ago but I think now it was undiagnosed PND. I never heard that term then . HOpefully your GP can refer you for help. I I live with guilt as I know I was not present for my son' early years.Hopefully there is more awareness and help now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now