Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Boring life getting me down

(3 Posts)
Lou2711 Fri 29-Apr-16 22:53:54

I had to take some time out of my university education due to falling pregnant so now I'm cooped up all day with nothing to do, being a student has left my finances in a terrible state and with a little one on the way I can't justify spending money. I don't get to see my partner often because he's away working. All my friends are still at uni, and I'm starting to get really down and lonely and I feel like I can't cope doing this until August. I feel like this isn't a good place to be pre baby and I'm scared it could lead to depression. I just don't know what to do!!! Am I just feeling sorry for myself?

Marchate Fri 29-Apr-16 23:42:13

Long ago I was in a similar position. I signed up for an OU course. It kept me thinking until the children were older

There are thousands of excellent online courses too. Many are free

Keep your mind active, and return to full time education when it feels right

IonaNE Sat 30-Apr-16 17:32:35

There are more languages and other stuff (like website building, coding, etc) to learn and books to read than can be done in a lifetime. As Marchate says, look online as to what you could study. Learn to build a website, blog, write a book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now