Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

suicidal thoughts and crisis team

(3 Posts)
Soapmaker34 Sat 09-Apr-16 17:55:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NanaNina Sat 09-Apr-16 18:12:59

It's shit isn't it - thing is suicidal thoughts are a symptom of depression and I've had them on and off for about 6 years, sometimes worse than others but like you I think I know I wouldn't act on them, it's called suicide ideation.

Are you on meds and do you have a CPN as you mention the crisis team. I don't want to stop you phoning them but to be honest they'll probably suggest you have a hot bath/nice cup of tea/go for a walk/watch a film and in fairness there isn't a great deal they can do.

Maybe you need to see the GP again if things are getting worse. Had a crap day here - meant to be going to my sister's birthday party this evening but no way. I can't do that "fake it till you make it thing"

Sherlockmaystealyourpug Sun 10-Apr-16 15:16:28

Calling the crisis team is a good idea if you are feeling very distressed, it is what it is there for. It is good you don't have a plan right now, and the idea is they will support you so that things do not worsen.
If you are calling the helpline they might just chat and invite you to ring regularly or that may want to see you and offer an appointment. It depends on the area you are in and how you are. Sometimes just talking to a trained professional helps. I hope you do call, suicidal thoughts are distressing and often a sign that you may need some more support flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now