Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I feel like ending it all

(33 Posts)
Rudechoob Mon 04-Apr-16 21:57:15

Today my company has received a winding up petition. Its on display. I'm fucking screwed.

I'm going to lose everything.

sixinabed Mon 04-Apr-16 22:01:36

Can the company not fight it? Do you own the company?

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. Do you have someone to speak to in real life?

thanksthanksthanks

Rudechoob Mon 04-Apr-16 22:07:56

Yes i own it but it's not making money yet to repay.

Plus i took a directors loan earlier to get byand now I'm panicking i shouldn't have.

Oh god i cant see a way out.

sixinabed Mon 04-Apr-16 22:11:17

Oh rude, I assume it's gone past the point of negotiating with the creditor?

Do you have family or friends to support you (emotionally I mean?)

elephantoverthehill Mon 04-Apr-16 22:13:46

I don't have any answers but I think others will in financial? threads. could you ask MNHQ to direct this to those who know about absolvency etc? Sorry I can't be more helpful but I am sure others have more expertise.

elephantoverthehill Mon 04-Apr-16 22:23:40

Rudechoob are you still on the thread? You took out the loan, so there must be assets to cover it?

Rudechoob Mon 04-Apr-16 22:25:56

Iplanned to take it and pay off other wage from my other job

elephantoverthehill Mon 04-Apr-16 22:28:29

So what went wrong?

sixinabed Mon 04-Apr-16 22:30:21

I also don't have any useful financial advice, but it seems like you are in significant emotional distress ( understandably).

Please speak to someone in RL, and don't do anything rash. No matter what happens with your business you are a valuable person.

sixinabed Mon 04-Apr-16 22:33:03

Do you have a solicitor who can advise you?

sixinabed Mon 04-Apr-16 22:35:18

If you feel like talking to someone confidentially Samaritans are on 116 123 http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

Rudechoob Mon 04-Apr-16 22:36:10

It was a company that i was working with their service wasnt affordable and funds invested in the company ran out x

sixinabed Mon 04-Apr-16 22:37:49

Have you tried to negotiate with them? Do you think that, given more time, your business will start to make money to enable you to pay them?

elephantoverthehill Mon 04-Apr-16 22:43:23

I sound very unsympathetic, I am not. However it sounds to me that you have a lot to claw back. As someone upthread suggested, a good solicitor or may be CB? Don't lose hope there is so much more than a business. Now I sound trite.

Rudechoob Mon 04-Apr-16 22:51:40

Its advertised now with the petition I'm not sure if its too late

sixinabed Mon 04-Apr-16 23:05:31

Do you have, or can you access legal advice?

elephantoverthehill Mon 04-Apr-16 23:06:23

Keep going and get some proper advice. Good luck. I am not a bad hand to hold, but I lack the knowledge, sorry. flowers

Rudechoob Mon 04-Apr-16 23:07:15

Think i can get legal yes. X

elephantoverthehill Mon 04-Apr-16 23:12:34

Go for the legal advice then. 9.00 o'clock sharp and report in at 5.30. smile.

sixinabed Mon 04-Apr-16 23:15:00

From a quick look online you need to get legal advice asap - you have 7 days from the petition being advertised to it being heard http://www.realbusinessrescue.co.uk/winding-up-petitions/process-and-procedure
Maybe contacting a solicitor should be done first thing tomorrow morning?

But regardless of the outcome, please don't lose sight of your life outside of the business. I totally understand that financial issues can seem all encompassing, but I'm sure you have people who love you no matter what. And no matter what you are a very valuable person - the world is a better place with you in it. thanks

sixinabed Mon 04-Apr-16 23:17:34

Yes report back please. I have to go to bed but will be checking in tomorrow. smile

Rudechoob Mon 04-Apr-16 23:45:37

Ok. Thank you everyone xx

sixinabed Tue 05-Apr-16 06:56:32

Good morning rude.
Good luck today, I'm thinking of you thanks

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Tue 05-Apr-16 06:59:31

Hope you managed to get some sleep, Rude.

Rudechoob Tue 05-Apr-16 12:04:53

Been told the best thing to do would be to close the business xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now