Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Daughter refusing to go to camhs

(2 Posts)
rmcintosh0803 Mon 28-Mar-16 17:55:18

My fifteen year old daughter has been under a psychiatrist and a therapist at camhs for a year now. She is adamant she is not going back to camhs, although she needs to have a medication review and some counselling still as she is severely depressed. No matter what I say to her, she just keeps refusing to go...even if I make her an appointment...she just won't go. She disappears every time she is meant to be at camhs. Can anybody help me on what to do please?

howcanikeepdoingthis Mon 28-Mar-16 19:05:38

Sorry you and your daughter are having a tough time. Have you spoken with her about why she doesn't want to go? Does she recognize that she is struggling? You know your daughter best but if it were me I would be weary of trying to force her. If she doesn't think the psychiatrist/medication is helpful I would be trying to understand why and make sure she knew I believed her. Can you have an open discussion about what she thinks will be helpful. How are things at school? Does she have good friends? Does she have goals/plans for the future?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now