Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Struggling ocd and anxiety and insomnia

(6 Posts)
Baconyum Tue 22-Mar-16 01:57:09

I'm normally been doing OK but last few weeks really struggling. Not been taking ad's (I know! I'm starting to take them again got plenty in).

I'm on a tricyclic ad as SSRIs make me worse. Also been prescribed zopiclone for the insomnia but been afraid to take so far as a main side effect can be increased anxiety which is already really bad. I also have some diazepam if needed.

I don't know what to take and in what combination, I need sleep and I need the sickening anxiety to bugger off!

I'm scared and dreading contacting Drs as not always sympathetic and not always helpful, depends who I get. Can anyone help/advise/empathise?

foreverandalways Tue 22-Mar-16 02:03:43

Hey.....welcome to my world....horrendous as it is...I am currently taking sertraline and also take zopiclone when I am utterly exhausted....scary I know.....I take my sertraline 200mg am with my other meds and then my other meds at tea time and then dread coming to bed....nightmares and then dread waking up....I am disabled....dread putting my feet on the floor and spend most of my time in bed which is extremely lonely...I am a keen crafter and am currently loving needle felting...try to give something a go..it really helps take your mind off things....time passes by so quickly...

Here if u need to talk ok...it's good to talk....please try not to be scared....as lonely as it is...just sit, close your eyes, breathe in and out very slowly and try to relax...

Baconyum Tue 22-Mar-16 04:11:58

It's been my world for quite some years but had been doing better and stupidly thought I was healing. I'm also disabled and very unsteady on my feet at the moment which isn't helping the anxiety/agoraphobia of course.

I try lots of distraction techniques but nothing really helping just now. I knit and do puzzles but brain not working too well and so struggling with those just now.

Thanks for replying though while I wouldn't wish on anyone it's also nice e to know I'm not alone.

FanjofortheMammaries Tue 22-Mar-16 04:26:52

Sorry you are feeling so low. I hope your meds start to help soon flowers

Marchate Tue 22-Mar-16 09:53:41

Do you feel your meds are sort of working against each other? Sometimes it's helpful to speak to a pharmacist. They know much more about interactions, side effects etc than medics do

If you can't face going out, phone your nearest general hospital and ask for the pharmacy. A cousin of mine was a hospital pharmacist. She knows everything about medicines!

Baconyum Tue 22-Mar-16 19:45:57

Fanjo thanks, I had a bit of sleep last night and feeling a bit calmer. Having to limit what I do at the moment as I can sense when not to push my luck.

Marchate that's a really good idea I might try that.

All the meds are aimed at calming me from the anxiety, while they're an ad the depression is like a background thing, the anxiety/ocd is the main issue.

Thanks so much for the responses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now