Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Do you have any online CBT resources that helped you - please share!

(7 Posts)
alwaysalaughtobehad Sat 27-Feb-16 20:39:41

Hi!
I have been on Sertraline for PND since June. I was put on an online CBT course in May but it was so basic and time consuming I said I couldn't do it. I was also partly anxious and depressed as had baby and toddler and was struggling with no time for myself so sitting for ages on the computer seemed counterproductive. Now I have been through counseliing and hope to come off the pills one day. I have realised that when I get low my thoughts spiral downwards and get out of control. So wondering if I should try CBT again. (I'm still rubbish at doing nice things for myself!) Any recommendations that have helped you?? Thank you!

Coopsey Sun 28-Feb-16 01:21:01

Hi
I am so sorry that it seems as though you have had such little support...I also take sertraline, honestly I do not feel as though it is helping me in any way but that is a different issue....
I attended a mindfulness course for 6 weeks 4 months ago which was extremely helpful.....you are able to purchase books and CDs that will also help..
I purchased adult colouring books at the time which help when I am not able to control the thoughts in my mind....I also started crafting again as a hobby, which I had not used for many years.....this has also helped, although poor health has now put an end to it for the time being at least....
I have also started baking recently and have spent many hours watching tutorials on the Internet for ideas and tips...
I do hope you are feeling well or even slightly better soon.....

AliceScarlett Sun 28-Feb-16 08:33:05

Northumberland anxiety leaflet:
www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.ntw.nhs.uk/pic/leaflets/Anxiety%2520A4%25202015.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwj2lf6AhZrLAhUHPxoKHd8cAf8QFggfMAI&usg=AFQjCNEmecm8M6pqUEeRg3cYFlLmVbHM3w&sig2=oDUoPG_bJgX1NFW2JI1Lbw

Online CBT:
www.beatingtheblues.co.uk

This:
www.getselfhelp.co.uk/links2.htm

And:
psychology.tools/depression.html

AnxiousMunchkin Sun 28-Feb-16 09:44:31

I used an online CBT course called Mood Gym. It did get me started on understanding CBT techniques although I have since had "low-intensity" sessions on the NHS and am now waiting for "high intensity" sessions. I definitely understand it more from the one on one sessions, but the online stuff was a good starting point and helped me in the past when I wasn't so bad.

nina99ballons Sun 28-Feb-16 10:14:22

Was also going to recommend the mood gym and I would also highly recommend d using meditation and mindfulness techniques. These have helped me the most over the years. Hope you feel better soon, PND is the pits thanks

hefzi Sun 28-Feb-16 19:17:37

Also, have a google of moodjuice: there's a lot of resources etc there

If your thoughts are part of the problem, CBT really will help you: but it is time consuming, and even one-no-one you'll have work to do outside of sessions - often daily. You say, though, you don't ever prioritise anything for yourself - I think you need to give yourself permission to take the time and the space to get yourself well, as that will impact positively on the whole family in the end anyway.

alwaysalaughtobehad Sun 28-Feb-16 20:48:02

Thank you all - your kindness made me cry actually. I think hefzi you have put your finger on it. I'm sure it is very common but I endlessly run round after everyone else trying to keep the rest of the family calm and happy. Even though DH is off work at the moment I find it hard to do something for me. I naively thought PND was a short term thing with a new baby but 18 months on I don't feel it's going away sad Thank you v much I will look those up now x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now