Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

sertraline

(6 Posts)
nosupport Wed 24-Feb-16 14:25:46

Please talk to me about your experiences, does it help?

Iv tried paroxitine, fluoxetine, citalopram, promethazine, diazepam and probably others iv forgotten about previously at various points in my life. Don't particularly feel anything other than promethazine helped v much and can't take promethazine as it knocks me out too much

Sometimesithinkimbonkers Wed 24-Feb-16 14:45:29

It's the only thing that agrees with me ... Makes you feel sick for about 2 weeks the. That's it xxx

Ikeatears Wed 24-Feb-16 14:49:00

I've just started on sertraline and I'm feeling nauseous and quite dizzy/spaced out. I also have quite a dry mouth and my hands are tremorring (partly due to anxiety but definitely more pronounced since starting sertraline) Everything I've read suggests these initial side effects will go soon and I'm hopeful that this will work where fluoxetine and mirtazipine have failed.

cleowasmycat Wed 24-Feb-16 14:54:32

I switched from Citalopram to Sertraline without any side effects. I'm finding it better to be honest. I'm more awake.

nosupport Wed 24-Feb-16 16:10:41

Does it actually make a noticeable difference to you?

cleowasmycat Thu 25-Feb-16 23:11:38

I think so. I was very anxious and Citalopram wasn't touching it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now