Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Things will get better won't they?? insomnia/anxiety

(3 Posts)
knickyknocks Sun 21-Feb-16 09:13:31

Since having my kids I have struggled with my sleep but I have entered my worst ever patch. It's currently horrendous. I haven't slept anything more than about 2 hours in one night in over two weeks. The last 3 nights I haven't slept at all. I'm a wreck.

Saw the doc on Thursday and she gave me zopiclone which I haven't taken yet as it makes me nervous to take them, but suspect tonight I have no choice. Has anyone else taken these?

Going to see a counsellor on Friday aswell just to see if I can talk about root causes. Got a good idea why my anxiety is so bad but no idea how to tackle it.
Things will get better won't they? I have to remain functioning to look after my two kids, it scares me to think what would happen if I can't keep functioning sad

Dumptrunks Sun 21-Feb-16 10:05:51

I also went through similar about a year ago and was prescribed the same, was worried that if I took the tablets I wouldn't wake up if my dd needed me in the night so I started off just taking half a tablet and found that it relaxed me enough to fall asleep. I'm sure a good nights sleep will make you feel better and I also found that I felt a lot better after just one session with a councelor, was nice to be told I wasn't going crazy! I also found this on the net which really helped me understand anxiety, its lengthy but worth a read.
web.archive.org/web/20130928045837/http://nothingworks.weebly.com/ Btw I'm feeling much better now, you will get through it!

knickyknocks Sun 21-Feb-16 11:02:19

Thank you smile your reply is hugely reassuring. I will take half a tablet tonight and see how it goes. Lack of sleep is evil, makes you feel rotten on every level but your reply gives me hope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now