Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I can't tell if I feel anxious ,depressed or Ill. Help?

(4 Posts)
Sothisishowitfeels Sat 20-Feb-16 20:07:02

I have suffered with anxiety for years , I take citalopram. I had a baby 4 months ago and just before Xmas I collapsed with pneumonia and was pretty in Ill hospital for a while.

The last few weeks I have felt so terrible. Just wildly going between can't see any point to anything, not wanting to do anything to madly planning random things then falling into a really low mood again in the space of a couple of hours.

I do normally have wildly varying moods but over a longer period not a few hours.

I feel under the weather , tired, I have aches and pains . I have what I assume are anxiety symptoms but I don't know.

I know I should go to the gp by tbh I have an appointment for a ct scan in 2 weeks which will I suppose tell me if the shortness of breath is anxiety/ depression or anything left over from being ill.

I hate calling the gp you have to go through a phone triage system and they just leave a prescription at the front desk. i find it extremely hard to get explain things!

I'm not sure what to do.

Marchate Sat 20-Feb-16 20:16:32

Those triage systems suit surgeries much more than they suit patients

Having said that, you probably need to phone first thing Monday and talk to GP. Otherwise you will get more and more stressed

Sothisishowitfeels Sat 20-Feb-16 20:21:21

Yes I think lots of people find it really stressful - I feel like I'm sitting a test to see if I deserve an appointment or not!. I have only called twice in the last two years once to get the citalopram (18 months ago) and once with pnemonia. So they can't accuse me of bothering them too often I hope!

Marchate Sat 20-Feb-16 20:28:36

Our dentist even started it! Over the phone a receptionist decides whose tooth hurts most

You should phone them though, prepared for the eventuality of being refused an appointment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now