Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Telephone guided cbt ?

(2 Posts)
KikiTheFrog Sun 07-Feb-16 18:35:11

Has anyone done this before. I am allowed 4 telephone guided sessions through the NHS where we basically go through a wellbeing pack over the phone.

Has anyone else done this?

I have read through the book and I'm having a hard time applying the advice to myself as I don't think I fit into what they are saying. I had my first session last week and I was just going through the motions as I actually felt quite good but I'm struggling a bit today as dd is poorly and its set my anxiety off again.

My anxiety currently seems to be all about dd, and I feel a bit of a fool talking about my silly worries over the phone. Would I be better off with face to face therapy or would it be more or less the same. Maybe even CBT is not right for me.

PandaPop55 Mon 08-Feb-16 21:23:03

I have been offered this but have not yet started, i am really not sure about it, so interested to find out more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now