Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety

(7 Posts)
HelenF35 Thu 04-Feb-16 17:21:01

I have been suffering from anxiety on and off since pregnancy. Im sure it is exacerbated by lack of sleep as I had bad spd for several months and my son doesn't sleep more than a couple of hours at a time. I haven't been to the doctor as I'm worried they will put me on anti depressants and I hate them. My partner doesn't understand what is wrong with me. I'm not sure he wants to either. Can anyone that has been in a similar situation give me any advice?

nowayjose1 Sat 06-Feb-16 20:13:53

Hi,

Please go to the Dr and just explain how you are feeling. I was having terrible anxiety and it turned out it was caused by a thyroid problem which often shows itself after having a child.

There are some great meds for anxiety. I was on sertraline a low dosage until my thryoid sorted itsself out.

Hope you feel better x

HelenF35 Mon 08-Feb-16 20:15:11

Thanks, am going to make an appointment. Am terrified but I need to do it.

nowayjose1 Mon 08-Feb-16 22:24:32

Don't be terrified. The lack of sleep will be making you feel worse like you say. You will feel better I promise. Anxiety is just our bodies way of reacting to stress. My partner didnt understand anything about anxiety which was very frustrating. x

stargirl1701 Mon 08-Feb-16 22:25:34

I had this with DD1. The GP referred me for ACT therapy. It was excellent.

HelenF35 Wed 10-Feb-16 10:28:14

He just tells me to snap out of it and stop worrying about things that are never going to happen. I feel like he takes the piss out of me.

HelenF35 Thu 11-Feb-16 08:56:00

I went to the doc yesterday and she was really helpful. I'm going to do an online cbt course and possibly start beta blockers once I've stopped breastfeeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now