Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Injured in police custody s136

(4 Posts)
willowcatkin111 Sun 24-Jan-16 01:30:33

Should I complain? Part of me wants to but the whole thing was so traumatic it might make things worse. Still get really angry when I think of it (which I cannot help - keep getting flashbacks).
Thing is most of the police were really kind and compassionate and you could tell they hated me being there as much as I did BUT I still did not get any sort of treatment or even a doctor despite asking for one and subsequently being found to have broken a bone as a result of the injury.

NanaNina Sun 24-Jan-16 18:17:08

Yes absolutely you should complain - a broken bone is serious so they must have used some force on you. Mind the police tend to stick together so you might have to be persistent.

Criminy Sun 24-Jan-16 18:25:56

Do you mean they held you down and broke a bone?!

I have a very good friend who is a very lovely policeman (& absolutely can't stand for police behaving badly) you can PM me with exactly what happened and I can ask him what you can do if you like.

dontrunwithscissors Sun 24-Jan-16 20:29:29

That sounds horrific. How are you now? It sounds like that is something that should not be allowed to happen again, but don't force yourself through something that will make things worse. How long ago did this happen?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now