Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I can finally say I feel well

(3 Posts)
Aquamarine70 Fri 15-Jan-16 13:17:57

I have suffered with depression caused by pregnancy/PND & child abuse by foster parents. I was anorexic from age 13 & I am 45 now. I have been recovered from my eating disorder for a few years now. I am not in the UK & my Dr is the best & referred me to the top psychiatrist in the state. I have been on a combination of sertraline, Olanzapine & Clonazapam when needed. This has been the best combination for me.

I had 3 years of psychotherapy & can finally say I feel well. I will always be on meds to stay stable.
I have osteoporosis due to low bone density & have to have Prolia injections every 6 months.
I know what a dark horrible place depression is but wanted to let people know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

smileyforest Fri 15-Jan-16 13:43:17

Oh thts so good to hear Aqua. Dosent matter that you have to take meds, as long as you keep well and have a better life then brill! Depression is a dark place ....but there is always HOPE as you have proved. Take care x

Aquamarine70 Fri 15-Jan-16 14:05:15

Thanks Smileyforest. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now