Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Very emotional and fragile

(3 Posts)
2ndSopranosRule Mon 11-Jan-16 13:03:34

I had my last NHS counselling session this morning. I've had a terrible time over the past six months with anxiety and depression. I'm doing so much better, but right now, I feel absolutely terrible. Weepy and sad. I'm at work and I just can't even engage in any sort of conversation today, it's like I'm shut off.

Why is this happening? Why now?

Firstmum24 Tue 12-Jan-16 13:11:36

Hello,

First of all - sorry to hear you had such a terrible day at work yesterday!
I have dealt with anxiety and depression previous to having my first child and I know it doesn't help for anyone to say "i know how you feel" because we don't, everyone tackles situations differently and everyones circumstances are different. I can however say that i know a semblance of how you feel. I have been there before where even making eye contact is a huge ask, never mind a conversation!
Try not to panic about feeling like this, i know it feels like a regression but really - everyone has days like these. With yourself you will be worrying about why it is happening - as you say yourself - you have been doing so much better! Worrying about it will get you all in a tizzy and thinking negative thoughts.
I had major baby blues and have a Dr app tomorrow because I am concerned about the onset of PND as i recognise some of the signs in myself. A few weeks ago i had a really terrible day and had to go round to my mums and give her the baby for a couple hours while i just lay in bed crying. But i needed to get it all out. And do you know what - i felt great the next day like i had a new lease of life!
Everyone has rubbish days never mind those sensitive to anxiety and depression. I hope you have someone to turn to for a cry or even a rant (that helps too!) and well done for going through the NHS counselling . i did so years ago and it really helped.
This may be TMI but perhaps you may be due your period? i find i get majorly weepy around that time but it does pass.

I hope this helps, just to know there are others going through it too, but it always passes and you will feel better again,

x

2ndSopranosRule Tue 12-Jan-16 21:57:30

Thank you.

A better day today. Hopefully that was just a blip smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now