Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety - any new ideas?

(3 Posts)
Greebosmum Mon 28-Dec-15 10:44:23

Hello. I have posted loads of times before about DD and bi-polar etc etc etc. It is all so boring.

I am now suffering with anxiety. Not about anything specific, just generalised anxiety, every time the phone rings, or I get a text or anything at all I expect a disaster. I am so fearful all the time. I can't eat, I feel sick. I am frightening my DH who is nothing but supportive and wonderful.

I have been taking fluoxetine for about 3 weeks, I think it is helping a bit as I don't feel quite as sick as I did. I have had a counselling session, I am booked onto a couple of courses to deal with anxiety and mindfulness. I am trying really hard to keep busy so I don't think so much (about what I don't know).

Does anyone have any other ideas as to what I can do to try to stop feeling so awful.

CatBlaster Mon 28-Dec-15 10:52:14

Mindulness is great for anxiety, so it's good you've got that coming.

Learn as much as you can about anxiety - it takes away the mystery a bit - and it's boring, but diet and exercise are important. Avoid caffeine and alcohol.

Do the stuff that makes you feel good even if you have to squeeze it into an otherwise packed diary.

It's shit isn't it?

limon Mon 28-Dec-15 15:04:11

I just want to say "me too" and I'm sorry you're going through this. Exercise - even just short walks - especially in nature - also help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now