Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Can't sleep need help.

(5 Posts)
Redglitter Mon 12-Oct-15 03:23:31

I just can't sleep I feel for want of a better word 'twitchy' I'm just totally fired up and feel like I could I don't know empty cupboards and clean. I've been wandering around for ages I just don't know what to do. I'm a swithering about phoning my mum to try calm me down but I hate waking her then worrying her

Anyone else around??

Redglitter Mon 12-Oct-15 19:29:18

Finally got to sleep about 0500 still feel twitchy today and don't know how to handle it

KissMyFatArse Mon 12-Oct-15 19:30:48

Is this a regular occurrence or just something new that's happening?

Redglitter Mon 12-Oct-15 20:26:59

This is new
The best way to describe it is I feel like I've had WAY too much caffeine or something

MountainDweller Tue 13-Oct-15 00:37:13

That happens to me too - kind of an agitated feeling.? I get up and go downstairs, sometimes if very jittery I will do something like empty the dishwasher. Then make a hot milky drink and have it downstairs while reading something mindless, ideally not on screen! Usually I feel sleepy after an hour. Not sure if you are on meds but you could try kalms sleep tablets - they are herbal but make me quite relaxed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now