Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Am I being stupid?

(7 Posts)
CruCru Fri 18-Sep-15 22:19:07

Not really sure how to describe this.

I witnessed a fake stabbing (with lots of fake blood etc) a few weeks ago. I got very upset about it at the time and felt a bit daft for being so upset when it wasn't real. I've been feeling a bit low since then.

I see friends often but if anything "negative" happens when I'm with them, I dwell on it for days and have to make myself remember that we actually had a nice, sociable time. I often wonder if they talk about me afterwards (and what I did wrong) but I know that this is probably ridiculous.

I have had depression in the past but then I was properly raving rather than being a bit down.

This probably makes little sense but thanks for reading.

MazzleDazzle Fri 18-Sep-15 23:19:27

It makes complete sense. Your body and mind would have gotten a sever shock with the stabbing and even though you logically now know it was fake, there's no undoing that shock.

I completely understand the overthinking/worrying/analysing after spending time with friends. I get that too, or I used to anyway. I've had counselling and it really helped.

How have you dealt with your depression in the past, if you don't mind me asking?

CruCru Sat 19-Sep-15 07:36:34

I had counselling and sertraline. I feel so much better today.

MazzleDazzle Sat 19-Sep-15 21:08:46

So glad you're feeling better today. Please post again on mn if you're feeling down again.

CruCru Sat 19-Sep-15 22:35:14

Thank you, that's really kind. It was nice to hear that you didn't think I was being irrational.

RachelZoe Sat 19-Sep-15 22:49:38

Totally makes sense OP. Did this happen in Hackney and you posted about it before?

These kinds of things can get to us, I used to have really serious anxiety and it revolved around the fear of being humiliated, if there was any sort of joke going on (even on a far, far smaller scale than what you witnessed), it really got to me for ages so I know where you're coming from.

I'm glad you're feeling better OP smile flowers

CruCru Sun 20-Sep-15 09:01:29

Yes, that was the one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now