Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I don't know where to turn to

(6 Posts)
Babiecakes11 Mon 03-Aug-15 15:46:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Katie2001 Mon 03-Aug-15 16:00:52

This sounds absolutely horrible, I sympathise. If you feel up to it, have you tried a site called MoodGym? It helped me a lot to see my feelings clearer. Also, you could try calling MIND (0300 123 3393), and even though you don't plan to hurt yourself, Samaritans are always there to listen. Give yourself time, tell yourself you will get through it. Please let us know how you are getting on.

vxa2 Mon 03-Aug-15 16:23:23

I really feel for you. If your GP doesn't know which antidepressants are suitable is there another GP who could help ? What about your health visitor ? Mine was always much more knowlegable than some of the Drs I saw. Either your GP or the HV might also be able to chase up the psychiatrist appointment, explaianing that experts advice is needed quickly because of the breasfeeding issue. You have taken a really big step by asking for help and should feel really proud for doing so. I hope you get the support you need as soon as possible. Take care.

NanaNina Mon 03-Aug-15 16:30:55

There are definitely ADs you can take while breast feeding and I'm astonished that the GP didn't have this information. I think you need to see another GP who does know......hopefully other women will be along to tell you what ADs you can take while breastfeeding.

BisleyBoy Mon 03-Aug-15 16:44:05

I remember taking fluoxetine and sertraline whilst breastfeeding.

Babiecakes11 Mon 03-Aug-15 19:20:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now