Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Everyone gives up on me sooner or later

(4 Posts)
lizabeth0607 Thu 02-Jul-15 22:30:01

My DP is moving out of my place and back in with his Mom. He said it's just not working.

I have felt so anxious the past few months and I think this is why he is going. I just can't seem to keep anyone close.

joopy79 Fri 03-Jul-15 14:40:02

It's hard isn't it? People don't understand depression if they haven't suffered from it.

Do you take medication for it? Have you seen your gp?

Look after yourself, be nice to yourself, splitting up isn't easy for anyone. Have you told anyone in RL?

lizabeth0607 Fri 03-Jul-15 21:24:13

Thanks for your reply Joopy.

I don't like to discuss how I feel with anyone in RL, I tried talking to my DP and he didn't understand at all.

I have generalised anxiety disorder and a few phobia's, currently going through a change in medication, citalopram didn't work so well so having an ECG to see if beta-blockers are possible as well as a referral to healthy minds for CBT.

It's my birthday next week and I just don't feel like myself at all. He says he loves me but cannot cope with me being so emotional. I feel like I have failed again. sad

joopy79 Sat 04-Jul-15 12:19:56

You definitely haven't failed. You've identified the problem and you've taken steps to resolve it. It's great that your doctor is taking you seriously and I think CBT has been shown to be more effective than medication.

As for your partner, my husband also says I'm too emotional. (I'm not currently taking medications at the moment but considering going to see my doctor). Anyway I'm a strong believer that you have to be happy in yourself first to have a happy relationship. Be nice to yourself, spend time with people that make you feel good.
Does your partner know that you're trying to sort out medication. Do you want to stay with him? If so I'd ask him for time to sort yourself out with the right meds and then gradually work up to moving back together. I wouldn't make any big decisions while you're feeling down.

And it's your Birthday, what would you like to do, what makes you happy? (Possibly a difficult question if you're feeling down. Can you organise a girlie night out? or if like me, you're not very sociable, a cosy night in with your favourite food and a film.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now