Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

can anyone support me through this health anxiety hell im in please

(5 Posts)
40slady Mon 08-Jun-15 05:55:40

hello , im really struggling at the moment not sure where to post and get it right .,...
iv suffered with health anxiety for some years , at moment im struggling to keep perspective on everything at the moment , every where im turning there is bad news about C .

wondered if anyone can help me get through this or had similar or can just listen or me gentle to me .

crabapple34 Mon 08-Jun-15 19:25:42

Hi 40slady I've just noticed your post here. Are you still seeing your counselor?
It's awful isn't. That constant fear that your death is going to happen very soon.
Is there anything that helps you when you feel bad?

40slady Mon 08-Jun-15 20:12:54

hi crabapple, i havent seen him for 3 weeks ..having a very stressful time so my HA through the roof ...

my current worry is OC and im utterly utterly convinced i have ...
i have some of the symptoms ..
im having a blood test on wednesday then i have to wait for results .my doctor said to rule it out as im so worried .

how are you ?

sorry im ranting now , thanks for listening flowers

highlystrung Mon 08-Jun-15 22:02:26

Hi. Just wanted to add that you are not alone. I've been absolutely awful with this recently - my lowest ever I think. I'm not worried about me though - I sometimes am but at the moment it's focused on my youngest daughter. She's had an on-off cough since Jan and I've become increasingly convinced / obsessed with her having Cystic Fibrosis. She was investigated for this as a newborn and it was ruled out. I even made them repeat the test a few months later. And I'm still stressing. I google obsessively and can spend literally hours online researching. It's pure hell. She had a minor op recently and at the original consultation the consultant thought she might have something serious (but not life threatening) wrong with her (ear op). That was hideous but all turned out well. I was fine and happy for a few days then she coughed and the cF thing came back. My DH actually cried when I mentioned it to him. He's had enough. I must be hell to live with. My kids are always asking if I'm okay which I hate because it's affecting them but I'm so unhappy. I think I may be turning a corner in that it's beginning to sink in that it's me that's got the problem, no one else. My dad died last summer. Think that's made it worse bug I've had it for years. Does any of this resonate with you? Sorry to hijack - I just desperately want to get better and don't know how.

highlystrung Tue 09-Jun-15 15:03:41

40slady how are you today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now