Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Peopl on chat implying/hinting/dow nright stating I may be not functioning right but manically

(324 Posts)
InculKate Wed 03-Sep-14 23:39:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PausingFlatly Thu 04-Sep-14 00:05:02

Yep, sounding manic to me.

Sounds a lot of fun while you're up there, but the down might be pretty harsh, so get along to the docs before it comes? Plus your judgement may be all over the show at the moment, and that's always a pain to pick up the pieces afterwards.

Get yourself to the GP in the morning?

Sorry to piss on your chips.

InculKate Thu 04-Sep-14 00:11:47

PausingFlatly Thu 04-Sep-14 00:18:49

So you actually ask about "maintaining this level", because obviously it's unusual for people to feel enjoyably high and energetic ALL the time.

And you're right. Either it takes a lot effort, or it's costing someone in a way that doesn't feel like effort (ie is the up part of bipolar or similar).

Either way, feeling really up isn't a permanent thing - it waxes and wanes for everyone.

So the question is, where is your UP coming from right now?

InculKate Thu 04-Sep-14 00:25:31

TheFantasticFixit Thu 04-Sep-14 00:35:07

Are you on your own OP? Is there anyone you can give a ring for a chat?

InculKate Thu 04-Sep-14 00:36:09

Your posts are really worrying, Kate. Is there anyone on MN/IRL you could have a chat with?

TheFantasticFixit Thu 04-Sep-14 00:41:07

Kate have ypu spoken to your DP? I'll be honest, your posts are quite irratic and have a rather frenzied style at present. Could you speak to your GP?

PausingFlatly Thu 04-Sep-14 00:43:51

Oh indeed, know far too much here about always tired. And indeed depressive at times.

It's lovely to have a break from that! Normality, yes please!

But actually, you're sounding rather beyond that and into hyper. Which you may get problems from.

Also, when this lovely non-depressed period ends, you might have a bit of a depressive crash? Probably need to check with doctor to be prepared.

Sorry, absolutely shattered here: definitely my bedtime. Sleep well if you get any.

InculKate Thu 04-Sep-14 00:52:07

It's totally possible to only ever have a few manic episodes in your life.

This might be your first one, hence you not being diagnosed as Bipolar by the psychiatrist.

You are describing a classic profile of a manic episode. And yes, it feels bloody brilliant when you're up there, that's true enough. And people do post on the internet in manic phases, sometimes staying up for nights on end, spamming forums and facebook and researching obsessions.

Do give your MH team a call tomorrow, what harm would it do to have a chat with them?

InculKate Thu 04-Sep-14 01:04:12

InculKate Thu 04-Sep-14 01:05:28

I do understand (I mean, really understand)where you are at the moment. It's nice not to feel depressed. Do you have anything you can channel all this energy into? Like, making a start on writing your bestselling novel? Clean the house? I would try to avoid rash spending as it's so easy to over-estimate your finances!

InculKate Thu 04-Sep-14 01:12:11

InculKate Thu 04-Sep-14 01:15:01

InculKate Thu 04-Sep-14 01:16:56

InculKate Thu 04-Sep-14 02:10:48

MinesAPintOfTea Thu 04-Sep-14 02:31:33

No, I have insomnia. Have you tried the sleeping thing yet?

LiberalLibertines Thu 04-Sep-14 02:31:56

Hiya Kate I've seen you on the sweary thread, and you definitely seem more up than usual smile

If it's not a manic episode, what do you think might be the cause of your ultra happiness?

Are you going to speak to gp? I'd hate for you to come crashing down at some point.

InculKate Thu 04-Sep-14 02:46:26

InculKate Thu 04-Sep-14 02:47:20

MinesAPintOfTea Thu 04-Sep-14 02:56:32

The tea is for tomorrow morning when I feel dreadful: tonight I'm drinking horse piss chamomile tea.

Have you stopped hormonal contraception very recently? Might be worth flagging a connection up the that with the gp if you have.

InculKate Thu 04-Sep-14 03:04:27

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now